Veterinary Hospital Roussillon Surgical Procedure
Visiting the vet for a surgical procedure
Here are a few instructions to follow when your pet has been scheduled for surgery at our hospital:
- We ask that you feed your pet no later than 8 pm the night before surgery, and do not give any food or treats the morning of the procedure. Water is permitted at all times.
- If your cat normally goes outside, we ask that you keep him inside the night before and the morning of the scheduled surgical procedure.
- For your pet’s safety, we recommend that your pet remain in a carrier or be kept on a leash during your visit to the hospital. Should you not have a carrier at your disposal, one can be provided to you (a deposit is required, and this sum will be reimbursed once the carrier has been returned to the hospital.)
- Bring your pet to the hospital the morning of the surgery between 8 am – 8:15 am. Anticipate approximately 10-15 minutes to meet with the medical team and to sign the necessary authorization forms.
- If it is more convenient, you may choose to bring your pet to the hospital the night prior to the procedure, at no additional cost. In this case, a member of our team can schedule the arrival appointment that best suits your schedule.
- If you have designated another person to bring in your pet and to sign the authorization forms in your absence, please make sure that this person is aware of your preferences in regards to any pre-surgical options available. Otherwise we can meet with you a few days prior to answer all of your questions and to complete the necessary authorization forms.
- If your pet requires medication on the day of the procedure, please bring the medications with you. The medical team will ensure that the dosage regimen is continued as prescribed.
- It is very important that you provide a telephone number where you can be reached at all times during your pet’s stay at the hospital. The veterinarian must be able to contact you quickly in case of emergency, as well as once the procedure is completed.